Thread
Print

New Kowa Lens/Scope Prominar System

It seems that the kowa is better for photography than swarvoski's scopes...But the whole set cost considerably more i believe?

I have the same idea as brendan. The scope looks great in optical quality but it is targeting a limited group of people.

It seems it is a good product for people with need of both a scope for viewing, and also minor photography. The advantage is that you only need to bring one lens to do both telescope viewing and DSLR photgraphy, with limited weight (compared to a 500/4 or 600/4) but excellent optical performance in the focal length it offers.

I have a DSLR and a mobile AF-S 300/4 at the moment, but i would not buy a supertelephoto like 500/4 or 600/4 (which are more than two times the weight and price of the kowa scope). I would like to find a good scope mainly for viewing and I was considering a Swarvoski one, but now the kowa looks a perfect choice for me 'cause I can also use it with DSLR. I have learnt about Kowa's performance in digiscoping and it looks better than swarvoski in terms of accesories and optical performace. The capability of its digiscoping performance would allow great potential for the lens in future.

I would probably get one after i have got the cash and if there are discounts from places like amazon. I look forward to the great photos taken by neil!

[ Last edited by Beetle at 23/02/2011 20:09 ]

Thread