Thread
Print

Banded birds (record only )

Banded birds (record only )

I wasn't sure where to post this.  I digiscoped both these banded birds yesterday at Mai Po.  I have never seen a Little Egret with a band on before.  Where was it banded? Neil

Mai Po Nature Reserve,
Hong Kong,
China.
26/01/07

Nikon CP8400 plus Swarovski STS80HD scope and Sw 30x eyepiece and DCA adapter

Attachment

olive backed pipit.band.nwareDSCN2726.jpg (0 Bytes)

26/01/2007 07:07

olive backed pipit.band.nwareDSCN2726.jpg

little egret.band DSC00756.jpg (0 Bytes)

26/01/2007 07:07

little egret.band DSC00756.jpg

Unfortunately it is not possible to read the numbers on the bands so it is not possible to say for certain where the birds were trapped.

Olive-backed pipit is sometimes caught in HK and it seems likely that this bird was ringed at Mai Po.

Little Egret is rarely trapped in HK (just 12 to date!), so it is unusual to see one carrying a ring. The most recent birds banded were 2 chicks in 2005 (birds which were treated and released at Kadoorie Farm) and 3 fully-grown birds at Mai Po in 2004. I would guess this is probably one of the Mai Po birds but we will probably never know for sure.

Our Team had ringed one little egret and three olive backed pipit in this month.

Shing

[quote:e9316dcea7="tyipshing"]Our Team had ringed one little egret and three olive backed pipit in this month.[/quote]
Our Team = Bird Ringing Team of HKBWS led by our Chairman, Dr. H F CHEUNG

[quote:2c000299d7="fforrest"][quote:2c000299d7="tyipshing"]Our Team had ringed one little egret and three olive backed pipit in this month.[/quote]
Our Team = Bird Ringing Team of HKBWS led by our Chairman, Dr. H F CHEUNG[/quote]

Sure~

Thread