Thread
Print

快門線改造

Re: 如果技術較好可以改造電子快門線!(If one is good at electrical engineering, one can convert the shutter to be released electrically via a cable.)

請問坊間有師傅做這個改動的嗎?可否告知他的聯絡資料?心目中想將Nikon CP8400的快門改勳作此用途。第一按對焦,第二按釋放。成事的話,一天都'光晒'!(I'm not sure if there are professionals who do this kind of conversion. Would be grateful if you could tell me the particulars for contacting them. My wish is to release the shutter of my Nikon CP8400 with a powered shutter release cable. The release should be such that the first press is for focusing and the second for shutter release.)

Pete

Reference is made to the link Papago provided in his previous thread which talks about a shutter conversion in A620. The following is a direct quot from kd7ost at http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=622537 about how the shutter in A620 operated after the alteration:
'If you just hit the shutter only, it will first focus, then shoot. No need to hit a focus function first. Try it on the ground and see.  Just mash that button all the way and see what happens. It will focus first then shoot.'

I think this shutter operates in the same way as the one for the D70 in which Pitarhk had made a change. His description of the soldering procedure is as follows:單鏡反光機就試過把D70s內的快開按鈕抽3條線落直倒. His comment that '由於體積較大,改造容易,相反DC零件較細小,自問無咁好技術改造' tallies with the one mentioned by Gjestico in Papago's link.

In both cases, shutter release still has to be dependent on a direct press on the shutter button. I think a cable hanging out from the circuit for shutter release is what digiscopers are expecting to get with a view to bringing vibration from shutter release to the minimal.

Personally, I think a two-phase shutter release is much better than a single-phase one. By 'two-phase', I refer to the phase of focusing and the phase of shutter release. It is obvious that the altered shutters by kd7ost and Pitarhk belong to the singe-phase one.

Thanks Papago, Pitarhk and LMike for the detailed information.

[ Last edited by lwingkay at 27/03/2011 22:22 ]

Further to my previous thread, I have a suggestion to make and it is to use the USB as the hub for doing a 2-phase shutter release.

I think this hub is useless in the digital camera as we all depend on a card reader to transfer images to the computer. If some sort of an electrical connection can be made there, probably, the hub can serve as the connection point for a powered shutter release cable.

In fact, in my Ricoh GXR, the hub is the point for such a powered shutter release cable to be connected.

I am an idiot about electrical circuits and soldering. Hope guys out here would look into this possibility and enlighten us with their expertise.

Pete

Thread