65 12
Thread
Print

Recent RC decisions

Geoff

Thanks for your help.

One more question: So for example, for W-t shearwater isn't its Latin name being Puffinusto Ardenna pacificus?

S L Tai

Hi Mr Tai

In the IOC V5.4 List, which is what we are using, it's just Ardenna pacificus.

Geoff

Quote:
Original posted by tsheunglai at 12/12/2015 19:42
Geoff

Thanks for your help.

One more question: So for example, for W-t shearwater isn't its Latin name being Puffinusto Ardenna pacificus?

S L Tai
I think you may have misinterpreted the original message. The two shearwater species were Puffinus pacificus and Puffinus tenuirostris. The genus has been changed from Puffinus to Ardenna (i.e. it is no longer Puffinus but is now Ardenna). The species are now Ardenna pacificus and Ardenna tenuirostris.

Thanks to all who have helped to clarify.

S L Tai

[中文翻譯]

紀錄委員會 會議2015年11月30日

紀錄委員會於最近會議的決定如下:

新增至第I類

亞洲短趾百靈 (2014年11月24日落馬洲)
栗耳短腳鵯 (2015年3月9日柴灣)
三趾翠鳥(2015年5月7日大埔滘)

香港類別第I及II的鳥類數目總數為538種。

重新審視白頂溪鴝的紀錄後,仍然對此鳥種的類別未有定斷。根據過往做法,保留現況的第三類別。

雖然曾多番徵詢專家意見,2014年4月5日在塱原出現的鷂至今仍未能確定其身份。

粉紅山椒鳥:暫決定不接納為首項紀錄,原因是此紀錄有可能來自雜交種,須檢驗標本後進一步確實。標本的檢驗希望可在2016年進行,期間此鳥種仍為香港鳥類名錄中。

以下為IOC V5.4新近的改變。

壽帶Asian Paradise Flycatcher Terpsiphoneparadisi 改為 Amur Paradise Flycatcher T. incei (中文名稱暫時不變)
短尾鸌及楔尾鸌由Puffinus 轉為 Ardenna

最後利偉文Mike Leven辭去紀錄委員會職務。委員一致感謝他過往23多年來的貢獻。

賈知行
主席

Honorary Member - Dr Michael Leven

On behalf of the Hong Kong Bird Watching Society, I would like to express my deepest gratitude to the contribution of Dr Michael Leven towards the birds of Hong Kong and the Society in the past few decades. Therefore, the members of the Executive Committee are unanimously supported the nomination of Mike as our “Honorary Member” to acknowledge his enormous contribution to the Records Committee for the past 23 years and the development of the Society.

Usually, we call for the nomination of Honorary Members during our AGM, however, we agreed not to delay it until the next AGM.

Please accept our wholehearted thanks and congratulations.

Best regards
Apache Lau and all Members of the Executive Committee
18 Dec 2015

※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※

本人謹代表香港觀鳥會,感謝利偉文博士(Dr. Michael Leven)在過去幾十年對本港鳥類研究及鳥會的貢獻,為此,本會執行委員會一致通過提名利偉文博士成為本會的「榮譽會員」,特此鳴謝他在「紀錄委員會」廿三年的服務,也對本會的發展裨益甚深。

通常我們會於周年會員大會進行這項提名,但由於下一次大會相隔較遠,執委會決定應盡快進行。

我們謹此恭賀並向利偉民博士致無限謝意!

香港觀鳥會主席劉偉民暨全體執行委員會委員致意
2015年12月18日

At the most recent meeting of the RC, it was unanimously agreed to add eight new species to Category I of the HK List based on the following records:

Grey-backed Shrike Lanius tephronotus 22 Sept 2015 (moved from Cat III). A record of 13 Jan 2014 was also moved to Cat. I.
European Golden Plover Pluvialis apricaria 25 Oct 2015
Emei Leaf Warbler Phylloscopus emeiensis 22 Nov 2015
Franklin's Gull Leucophaeus pipixican 26 Nov 2015
Booted Warbler Iduna caligata 27 Nov 2015
Greenish Warbler Phylloscopus trochiloides viridanus 18 Dec 2015
American Wigeon Anas americana 17 Jan 2016
Wedge-tailed Green Pigeon Treron sphenurus 6 Mar 2016

The HK List now stands at 546 species in Categories I and II.

It was agreed to remove the following species from the list of those requiring assessment by the Records Committee:

Chinese Barbet at Tai Po Kau
Yellow-legged Buttonquail
Russet Sparrow
Fork-tailed Drongo Cuckoo (spring birds in song)
Lesser Cuckoo (spring birds in song)
White-throated Rock Thrush.

Geoff Carey
RC Chairman

[ Last edited by cgeoff at 2/05/2016 17:33 ]

At the most recent meeting of the Records Committee on 5th September, it was agreed to add Olive-backed Sunbird 黃腹花蜜鳥 Cinnyris jugularis rhizophorae to Category I of the HK List based on a record of one on 16 April 2016.

In addition, Ruby-cheeked Sunbird 紫頰直嘴太陽鳥 Chalcopariasingalensis (18 November 2015) and Zebra Dove 斑姬地鳩 Geopelia striata (22 November 2015) were added to Cat. III of the HK List.

The record of Grey-backed Shrike on 22 April 2004 was moved to Cat. I, and thus becomes the earliest record of that species in HK.

It was also agreed, following IOC, to change the name of the swamphen taxon occurring in HK to Black-backed Swamphen
黑背紫水雞  Porphyrio indicus viridis. It should be noted, however, that the taxonomic status of viridis is unclear, and further work may place it within poliocephalus or raise it to species status.

The HK List now stands at 547 species in Category I and Category II.

Geoff Carey
RC Chairman

[ Last edited by cgeoff at 27/09/2016 09:04 ]

[中文翻譯]

記錄委員會於9月5日會議後,決定將2016年4月16日錄得的黃腹花蜜鳥 (Olive-backed Sunbird  Cinnyris jugularis rhizophorae) 新加至香港鳥類名錄第I類。

此外,於2015年11月18日錄得的紫頰直嘴太陽鳥 (Ruby-cheeked Sunbird Chalcoparia singalensis) 和 2015年11月22日錄得的斑姬地鳩 (Zebra Dove Geopelia striata)新加入香港鳥類名錄第III類。

2004年4月22日錄得的灰背伯勞(Grey-backed Shrike)已納入香港鳥類名錄第I類,並成為該鳥種最早到達香港的紀錄。

有關會議亦決定於香港的紫水雞,更名為黑背紫水雞 (Black-backed Swamphen Porphyrio indicus viridis), 但需注意目前 viridis 亞種在分類學上仍未清晰,將來可能需要進一步的工作,將此種歸類為 poliocephalus 亞種或提升至種。

香港鳥類名錄第I及第II類共有547種。

記錄委員會主席
賈知行 (Geoff Carey)

[ Last edited by mcarrie at 26/09/2016 21:47 ]

At the recent meeting of the Records Committee on 26 January 2017, Pacific Swallow Hirundo tahitica was added to Category I of the HK List based on a photographed bird at Tai Sang Wai on 3 October 2016. The HK List now stands at 548 species in Categories I and II.

Geoff Carey
RC Chairman

[中文翻譯]

記錄委員會於2017年1月26日的會議,決定將斑洋燕(Pacific Swallow Hirundo tahitica)新加至香港鳥類名錄第I類,有關記錄來自2016年10月3日於大生圍所拍攝的雀鳥照片。現時,香港鳥類名錄第I及第II類共有548種。

記錄委員會主席
賈知行 (Geoff Carey)

At the most recent meeting of the Records Committee on 17 May 2017, Small Pratincole Glareola lactea was added to Category I of the HK List based on the record of a bird photographed at San Tin on 4 April 2017. The HK List now stands at 549 species in Categories I and II.

Records of Maroon Oriole and Desert Wheatear have been accepted with regard to identity, but further investigations are underway in respect of category.

Following the split of Mongolian Short-toed Lark Calandrella dukhunensis from Greater Short-toed Lark C. brachydactyla, photos of previous records were send to Dr Per Alstrom for review. He has confirmed that all relate to Mongolian Short-toed Lark.

Geoff Carey
Chairman, Records Committee

[ Last edited by cgeoff at 23/06/2017 10:44 ]

[中文翻譯]

記錄委員會於2017年5月17日的會議,決定將灰燕鴴 (Small Pratincole Glareola lactea)新加至香港鳥類名錄第I類,有關記錄來自2017年4月4日於新田所拍攝的雀鳥照片。現時,香港鳥類名錄第I及第II類共有549種。

朱鸝(Maroon Oriole)和漠䳭(Desert Wheatear)的記錄已被接納,目前仍在進行研究,以確定有關雀鳥在名錄內的類別。

鑑於最近 Mongolian Short-toed Lark Calandrella dukhunensis (暫譯為 “蒙古短趾百靈” [1]) 已由大短趾百靈 (Greater Short-toed Lark C. brachydactyla) 新分類出來,本會將以往的記錄送交至Dr. Per Alstrom[2]作覆核,並確定為蒙古短趾百靈。

記錄委員會主席
賈知行 (Geoff Carey)

註:
[1] “蒙古短趾百靈” 的中文名字有待確定
[2] Dr. Per Alstrom是瑞典農業科學大學,瑞典物種信息中心教授

RC Meeting 5th September 2017

At its most recent meeting on 5th September 2017, the RC made the following decisions.

Black-throated  Laughingthrush – It was previously agreed that records in Hong Kong match the Hainan endemic sub-species monachus. However, based on the relatively sudden appearance of records at a number of different locations, indicating likely escape origin, the taxon was added to the Category III of the HK List.

Lesser Necklaced Laughingthrush – The RC meeting agreed that records in Hong Kong match the taxon melli.  Review of previous records revealed no evidence of breeding, and Category III status remains unchanged.

The HK List now stands at 549 species in Categories I and II.

Geoff Carey, RC Chairman

記錄委員會於2017年9月5日會議

[中文翻譯]

記錄委員會於2017年9月5日的會議,作出以下決定:

黑喉噪鶥 (Black-throated  Laughingthrush) - 委員會已同意在香港錄得的亞種為海南特有的monachus。不過,由於該亞種過往在不同地點的出沒狀況較未能預見,反映這逃逸的可能性,故將這亞種加入名錄第III類。

小黑領噪鶥 (Lesser Necklaced Laughingthrush) - 委員會同意在香港錄得的為亞種melli,並覆查過往記錄,發現沒有繁殖的證據,有關鳥種在名錄的類別維持在第III類。

現時,香港鳥類名錄第I及第II類共有549種。

記錄委員會主席
賈知行 (Geoff Carey)

[ Last edited by Record Com at 27/10/2017 19:16 ]

65 12
Thread