Thread
Print

Filming a Little Bunting

Filming a Little Bunting

I joined the hkbws in 2012 and my first activity with the society is bird watching in Long Valley on the first day of the year.  During the occasion I have learned a number of birds names only and most of them already forgotten when I boarded the minibus heading for Sheung Shui.  After a while I have applied an user id and started to log in to the discussion forum.  When I came to the personalized profile, I realized that I have to put up an avatar.  When I glanced through the avatars of the sisters brothers masters, I knew at once that in on way I can measure up to that standard.  (Just look at the detail of their birds gosh.)

With some deliberation I have decided how my custom avatar would look like.  At first I need to film a bird.  It should be small and almost appear black and white.  The image should reveal the shape pf the beak, the eye on one side, the body, the feet and in particular the tail.  In a cold winter morning, I went back to Long Valley with my camera and a 800mm reflective lens.  With all the luck I have gotten, I have filmed a Little Bunting standing on a wire in the open field.  

Later I used my 300mm lens as a background and planted the Little Bunting on the right lower hand column.  There is a proverb saying that you do not shoot a mosquito with a cannon.  However we bird watchers may not agree to this.  In bird watching circle, we always film a little bunting with a telescopic lens.

我於2012年加進香港觀鳥會並在本年首日跟從到塱原觀鳥,當天只聽到很多鳥類的名稱,而且大部分在乘車往上水時已忘掉,後來我申請一個帳號登錄到討論區,到達個人化頁面意識到要弄個標誌,瀏覽各位師兄師姐的個人標誌,(看到照片裡雀鳥的細節啊!)明白自己目前沒有這個水平。

考慮過後我決定了個人標誌,首先要去拍攝一隻身形細小、黑白分明的鳥,要看到喙、一邊的眼睛、身形、雙腳和最重要的尾巴。在一個寒冬的早上,我帶了照相機跟一個800毫米反射鏡頭重回到塱原,很幸運地我終於在田野邊電線上拍攝到一隻小鹀。

後期我以300毫米鏡頭作背景,把小鹀放進右下角,諺語有說別用大砲打蚊子,但觀鳥者未必同意,我們觀鳥一定用長鏡頭拍攝小鹀。

[ Last edited by kscheng at 20/02/2012 13:40 ]

Edited version

Apology in causing unnecessary disturbance to the discussion forum.  This is not my intention.  I have edited the original text.
在討論區引起不必要的爭辯感到抱歉,這不是本意,對原稿已作修改。

Hello HF,
It is always fun to go bird watching with you.  You can always show us birds.  However for myself is a heavy exercise.  The Sunday past in Shing Mun, by listening to the calls you have identified a number of birds.  Yet their names I cannot even spell out.  (So the other day I have ordered a cd on birds calls.)  In future I'll still take the challenge to go bird watching with you.

Thread