Thread
Print

在泥灘打擊非法活動 Enforcement on mudflats

在泥灘打擊非法活動 Enforcement on mudflats

相信各位米埔訪客皆知悉漁民在后海灣泥灘非法活動的問題,尤其在觀鳥浮屋前的泥灘範圍。雖然情況已較早年大有改善,問題仍然持續。

漁農自然護理署及香港警務處定期在后海灣泥灘進行聯合行動,以調查及打擊相關非法活動。到現時為止,聯合行動皆在星期一至五進行,以減少對使用觀鳥浮屋的訪客的影響。但有關安排亦可能讓漁民特別在沒有當局巡視的週末期間進行非法活動。有見及此,漁護署及警方於20125月起將偶爾在週末進行巡視。

為減少對訪客及鳥類的干擾,行動將在潮退時 (即鳥類距觀鳥浮屋較遠時) 進行。行動不會每週末進行,為保障行動成功,詳細日期及時間將不在此公佈。希望各位觀鳥者與攝影師明白上述行動對打擊非法活動的必要性,如為各位帶來不便,懇請見諒。如有查詢,請致電米埔辦公室 2471 6212

Many visitors to Mai Po will be familiar with the problem of illegal fishing activities on the Deep Bay mudflats, including areas in front of the floating bird watching hides. Although the problem seems to have improved compared to previous years, these illegal activities continue to occur.

AFCD and the Hong Kong Police Force periodically conduct joint operations on the Deep Bay mudflats to check for any such illegal activities and to carry out enforcement actions as appropriate. So far, all such enforcement activity has taken place on weekdays to minimise disturbance to visitors to the hides, but there is concern that this may lead to the fishermen only conducting activities at weekends, when they know there will be no enforcement operations. Therefore, starting from May 2012 AFCD and the police will also conduct occasional enforcement patrols during weekends.

To minimise the possible disturbance to visitors and birds, all such operations will be conducted at low tide periods when it is not expected that birds will be close to the floating hides. Enforcement activities will not take place every weekend, but details of the dates and times will not be posted here in advance to avoid compromising the success. We appreciate the co-operation and patience of birdwatchers and photographers, and apologise for any inconvenience caused by these essential activities. If you have any questions, please contact the Mai Po office at 2471 6212.

[ Last edited by WWF Mai Po at 4/05/2012 17:42 ]

excellent initiative!

6/5/2012 Sun

we saw these illegal fish nets from the new hide.

I am just an inexperienced birder/ birdwatcher/ twitcher/ photographer with no long lens.

Illegal fishermen in the Inner Deep Bay Ramsar site, 8 Jan 2013

I saw three Chinese males paddling from right to left right in a small boat on the incoming tide at about 4:15 this afternoon. They came within 200 metres of the old hide and were possibly laying nets, but I couldn't be sure.

One of them was in his early 20s or younger, the others were middle-aged.

Richard

29/03/2013 II

Dear All,

I have seen 3 Chinese men on the mudflat, around 13:30 ~ 14:20.
After that i was leave, and reported to the police around 14:30.

Thread