12/12/12
Kadoorie Farm 嘉道理農場
Hasselblad CFE350mm + APO1.4XE + APO1.4XE + 7D
ISO320 f11 1/25s, 1/40s

[ Last edited by cthomas at 2/01/2013 08:49 ]

Quote:
Original posted by Jonathmartinez at 31/12/2012 18:18
I've just saw this post.
To me this bird is a very good candidat for Ogilviegranti Leaf Warbler rather than one of the Blyth complex. It is definitly not a Claudia's Leaf Warbler, and the only other  ...
Dear Jonathan,

Thanks for your identification!
  I wanted to know Ogilviegranti Leaf Warbler same as  Kloss's Leaf Warbler (Phylloscopus davisoni ogilviegranti) which can be found in Web.

Thomas.

Dear Jonathan,

Thanks for your detail descriptions in identification of the Warbler!

Happy new year!

Thomas.

Quote:
Original posted by lpaul at 2/01/2013 09:04
Thomas,

One question, did this bird spend much time foraging on the brances and trunks of tress (as shown in the second image)?
Dear Pual,

Yes, this bird spend more time foraging on the branches and trunks of tress. Its movement seems slower than Yellow-Browed Warbler.
  The 2nd photo was my first time meet it. It might forage on the trees in front of me for 1-2mins. Then, it was disappear for some mins.
  Suddenly, I heard a louder(not like normal Warblers' sound) sound on a tree which 20-30m far away from me.
  I found its again and took 1st photo.

Thomas.

Quote:
Original posted by Jonathmartinez at 2/01/2013 10:25
below the link to an old post of a bird quite similar to the one from Kadoorie Farm Garden.

http://www.hkbws.org.hk/BBS/view ... ight=leaf%2Bwarbler
For my first sign of the Warbler, its bill is more attraction. It is so longer and bright color.
The size of the Warbler may be bigger than Yellow-Browed Warbler.

After I took photos with the Warbler, I though it may be different warblers.
1st photo is strange warbler because its longer and bright color bill, 2nd photo is Blyth's Leaf Warbler

However, I reconginzed it should be the same warblers according to images of bill.

[ Last edited by cthomas at 2/01/2013 12:54 ]

Thread