Thread
Print

Po Toi Spring 2013 - March

Plus a singing Rufous-tailed Robin and 3 Pacific Swift
Extremely quiet both on land and the sea.
I am just an inexperienced birder/ birdwatcher/ twitcher/ photographer with no long lens.

29/3/2013

Asian Brown Flycatcher 1
Japanese/Manchurian Bush Warbler 2
Eastern-crowned warbler 1
Hoopoe 1
Rufous-tailed Robin
Eastern Buzzard 1
White-bellied Sea Eagle 2
Japanese Thrush 1 - male
Red-flanked Bluetail 1 - female/juv
Daurian Redstart 2 - male and female
Grey Wagtail
Black-faced Bunting 2
Hair-crested Drongo 1

Ashy Minivet (not seen by me)

A quiet day, I'm quite disappointed that no grey-faced buzzard could be seen and I missed the Ashy Minivet again and again.
Interestingly, I got a Sooty-headed bulbul near the upper school. This is my first time to see this species on Po toi.
I am just an inexperienced birder/ birdwatcher/ twitcher/ photographer with no long lens.

30/3/2013

Heavy rain today, but it doesn't mean the migration stopped on Po toi. More new arrivals come.

Today definitely is the day of Ashy and Swinhoe's Minivet, a flock of 2 Swinhoe's Minivets and a single Ashy Minivet was seen in the morning. Later in the afternoon, another flcok of at least 13 Ashy Minivets and one Swinhoe's Minivets was found. But it is never easy for me to take a good shot, both ashy and swinhoe's.

Flycatchers and buntings are back too. A male Narcissus Flycatcher and two Ferruginous Flycatchers, joined with a newly arrived Little Bunting.

For raptors, the Eastern buzzard was still around, and a single Chinese Goshawk near the school area. As Geoff said, this week is good for Grey-faced Buzzard, I was lucky to see one passing over the pier at 1420 today.

Before the 3pm ferry gone, a pair of Bramblings gave a surprise to some birders in such a rainy day.

Should be more to come, and hope there would be something new in tomorrow outing before the holidays end.

Thread