Thread
Print

Decline in no. of birdwatchers in Mai Po

I turned up at the WWF centre to collect my pass. I was told it hadn't been renewed. Looking down at the page of Hs I was top of the list and my pass was attached. This happened last year too. Do check again. It may be there after all.

Mathew, as you have a list of WWF members I'm not really sure why you need us to submit the membership card. I had to produce mine yet again when I collected the permit. I did not get an e mail telling me to submit the documents so I guess I was lucky to be renewed. Are the renewed permits available for collection before the expiry date of the old permits? If they were it would smooth out the surge of everybody trying to collect their new permit at the same time. Could FCA permits be multi-year? Some people must have been members with ermits for decades. Is it not pragmatic to grant them say a 5 year permit? I understand they are issued by the police but perhaps WWF could initiate an enquiry. It would also reduce paperwork further.

Just a few thoughts. Thanks.

The visitors permit point is a good one. I occasionally have birder friends visiting HK on business and they ask for a day at MPNR. They are willing to start at dawn to maximise their limited time. But this isn't possible with the existing system. Perhaps some form of e permit could be issued? Again, less paperwork etc.

Thread