Thread
Print

Avian digiscoping

Hi Peter Leung,

About the brand name of telescope, pls be aware that some warranty service of "L" brand is in question.

The 30-yr warranty is in fact not very reliable. I had a bad experience with the agent of L brand here of which they considered some optical failure as a result of "not appropriate use" (not clearly defined in the warranty card).

In my case, they said there was a dent on the body and this dent caused the optical problem (cannot focus sharply). So they said the repairing service must be charged! The interesting pt is that this problem had happened before, the dent had been there as well and they did not charge me in the first time.   

So, do question more about the warranty. For me the service of L brand is totally frustrated.

Captain

My 10x42 (old version) is excellent: sharp, very 3-D but very heavy. can't comment on the quality of telescope.

BTW, I was told that the contact between eye-piece and the telescope body (APO) is not very good, at least for those in the late 1990s - early 2000. Some are very tight and but some very loose. It is so loose that the eye piece can be fallen down during birding.

Any comments from other L-brand users?

Captain

Thread