Thread
Print

Which video head?

Which video head?

I want to buy a video head for my spotting scope STS-80HD, I use gitzo 1540 tripod & Canon 30D camera, would anyone please give me a suggestion which of the following video head should be chose?

1. Manfrotto 501
2. Manfrotto 503
3. Gitzo 2180
4. Gitzo 2380

it would be ideal if the video head & tripod combination could also support a Canon 328 len.

Many Thanks  

Bob,

Thank you for your kind advice  

As you said, the weight of tripods is important (it is already very heavy for me to carry a spotting scope, eyepiece, adaptor, a DSLR camera and a tripod), and therefore I would like to choose a light weight tripod head.

1. Manfrotto 501 - 1.6kgs - max 6kgs
2. Manfrotto 503 - 1.95kgs - max 8 kgs
3. Gitzo 2180 - 0.6kgs - max 4kgs
4. Gitzo 2380 - 1.4kgs - max 5kgs

I prefer to choose the Gitzo G2180, the weight is only 0.6 kgs with a maximum loading upto 4kgs. (my camera setup should be around 5.5 - 6 kgs), but I want to collect some existing users' opinion before I buy the tripod head.

Mandy

Chak Gor

Sometime I will bring the 30D and TLS-800 to connect the spotting scope, but I will not bring 2 systems (long len and spotting scope) together because I really can't take them both  

I will search more information and try to test the fluid heads before I make the final decision. Temporary I will use the Velbon ball head, it could fix the scope very tight.

thank you very much.

Mandy

Thread