Thread
Print

Tai Po Kau 大埔滘 2008 Autumn 秋

1 October 2008

I didn't see the Black-naped monach nor any snakes today morning. Too many holiday hikers.
Despite that, i encountered a fruitful bird-wave around noon, when the "early birders" have already left.

sorry for poor photos as i was enjoying the bird wave by bare eye.

The wave includes:
-minivets
-yellow-cheeked tits, great tits
-white-eyes
-red-billed leiothrix
-rufous-capped babblers, blue-winged minla
-grey-cheeked fulvetta, white-bellied yuhina
-Dark-sided Flycatcher x1
-Black-winged Cuckoo-shrike x1

-Asian paradise Flycatcher x2
-Pale-legged/Sakhalin Leaf Warbler x1

[ Last edited by Beetle at 1/10/2008 22:06 ]

30 Oct 2008, 12:00-3:00pm:

First welcomed by a pair or three singing Hwameis (+ two human singing with them... )

Very happy to see both Paradise Flycatchers today:

Japanese paradise(probably a late one?) & Asian Paradise (seems to be an adult)

Other migrants include Grey-headed Flycatcher, 2 Black-winged Cuckoo-shrikes, and an Ashy Minivet:

Usual birds were very active today, Frequent and large bird waves were encountered.

[ Last edited by Beetle at 30/10/2008 19:51 ]

27 Nov 2008, 9:30a.m. - 4:10p.m.

Extremely quite in the morning...no bird-waves...only several silver-eared mesia,chestnut bulbuls,and heard some thrushes around.
It became more exciting in the afternoon.

First was a Rufous-tailed Robin around 1 p.m. in the brown walk, and a Asian Stubtail Warbler, both were the first time i could see clearly this season.

Bird-waves start to arrive after i returned from the brown walk to the red&blue walk, and i saw 3 most common warblers: yellow-browed, pallas's leaf and blyth's leaf.

However the most exciting time was when i walking downhill, 2 female Black-naped Monachs accompanied by a flock of Grey-headed Flycatchers, and again a Black-winged Cuckooshrike which is always present at TPK for this autumn.

And all of a sudden 3 noisy and active Ashy-drongos appeared - the bird that i have been wishing for this year. Finally managed to get some photos but with wrong camera settings.

Thread