Thread
Print

Tai Po Kau 大埔滘 2008 Winter 冬

Seems there still isn't record of the Straited Yuhina 栗耳鳳鶥 in Tai Po Kau (but present in Ng Tung Chai) this winter. Strange?

White-browed laughingthrushes?! interesting! i thought it is only present in HKZBG on HK island.

It seems that a wild boar has always been present near red walk recently.

some highlights today.

At around 8:45 there was a flock of 25+ Striated Yuhinas mid way above the entrance. (sorry they were on high trees so no photo.)
After that i heard the noisy little mice...Pygmy Wren Babbler at the picnic area(large one) and got an unclear photo. Hope i will get a clear and sharp one one day.

at about 12:45 a bird wave at the same picnic area: Grey-chinned minivets, Chestnut bulbul, Minlas, Rufous-capped babbler, Nuthatches, Grey-headed Flycatcher, Goodson's Leaf Warbler, Pallas's Leaf Warblers, Tits, and etc.. and the most attractive one was a Black-naped Monarch, this one having a white patch on its wings - which was different from the ones some time ago. It was quite entertaining to watch it bathing at the little stream next to the picnic area.

[ Last edited by Beetle at 16/12/2008 20:13 ]

22 Dec 2008, 11:30am-4:30pm

Some note about mammals first:
Wild boars appear again in the same valley next to the Red Walk...this time in a group of 4. It was exciting watching them running away after scary roars.
Monkeys still hanging around near picnic area.

Back to birds...the Black-naped Monarch seen last week(which has a white patch on its wings) was seen again today.
And also a bright yellow Goodson's Leaf Warbler. An Ashy Drongo was seen by another birder at the access road.

Quote:
Original posted by franktai at 23/12/2008 22:31
23/12  上午

行啡路打算博吓.....
點知有隊咩 山龜旅行社 成幾十人,勁大聲,咩雀都嚇走哂啦!
23/12 上午不止這些哦!

-Ashy Drongo 灰卷尾
-Blyth's Leaf Warbler + Goodson's Leaf Warbler 冠紋柳鶯+華南冠紋柳鶯
-Greenish Warbler 暗綠柳鶯 (see my ID post)
-Black-naped Monarch 黑枕王鶲 (same one again with white patch.)

Feb 13

Add an Ashy Drongo in TPK park around 8:00a.m.

23 March 2009

-A female Black-naped Monach was spotted in a small bird-wave near the access road.
-Bay woodpecker heard again about 4pm.

some more photo of the Flycatcher today for reference.

Thread