Thread
Print

[Hong Kong] Reporting Illegal Bird Traps 水流田有人設網捉雀

It always strikes me that calling 1823, while it is something the government wishes people to do, is not very efficient. Here in our office we email a map direct to AFCD in order that they can act quickly, which they usually do, it must be said.

The new officer responsible for this is Mr CT Shek. I'm not sure it's appropriate for me to post his email address on this board, but for those of you who know how AFCD email addresses work, you will be able to work out his. Otherwise, feel free to contact me either via PM or email.

Geoff Carey

The only caveat I have is that when it comes to hooks attached to string dangled above the water of fish ponds, AFCD does not do anything. Something about not removing these without permission of the owner. As nobody is likely to admit to owning or placing the hooks. this seems rather unfortunate.

Such hooks are present at a number of fishponds in the Deep Bay area, and have been for months, at least.

Still, it is worth reporting these.

Geoff

It's the same with hooks across fish ponds in the Deep Bay area. There are many ponds with these, especially at Hoo Hok Wai (aka Ma Tso Lung). But AFCD does nothing.

Thread