Thread
Print

Red-rumped Swallow 金腰燕

Have asked Geoff! And Thank you very much for his teaching again !
His reply is as the follows. Share with all of you!

" I can only look in the textbooks - Field Guide to the Birds of South-east Asia by Robson or Birds of East Asia by Brazil are the best.

Both textbooksn suggest that Striated Swallow has much less red/orange around the rear of the head (the nape) than Red-rumped. There are some other differences like slightly larger size and heavier streaking on the underparts for Striated but these are relative and not easy to observe.

From the photos, all these birds show quite extensive orange/red around the back of the head and should therefore be Red-rumped rather than Striated. Also they don't appear to be heavily streaked on the underparts so no other reason to think they may be Striated.

Best regards
Geoff "

Geoff and Paul!Thank you very much for your teaching and sharing!
We have learnt more again! Thanks a lot!

Thank you for the useful information from John Holmes!
Thanks you so much!

And also thank you for the sharing from ajohn!
Thanks a lot!  

Hi Geoff, Paul and John Holmes!
Due to the request from some Crested Bulbul Club members,I try to translate your discussion in chinese.
Anyone please feel free to tell me, if I make any mistake! Thanks a lot!

由於有部份紅耳鵯的義工對此題目深感興趣,

所以我斗膽嘗試將以上部份討論翻譯成中文,
如我對內容上有任何誤解了的,

煩請大家不吝指正!謝謝各位!

Geoff:

前帖:Geoff  主要參考以下兩本書:《Field Guide to the Birds of South-east Asia by Robson》及《Birds of East Asia by Brazil 》。這兩本書均建議可根據「枕位」(頸後的位置)的紅/橙色部份的大小來分辨斑腰燕(Striated Swallow)及金腰燕(Red-rumped Swallow)。金腰燕枕位的紅/橙色會比斑腰燕大片。另外,斑腰燕體型會較金腰燕略大,下體的縱紋亦較濃密及粗,但這些特徵都並不容易清晰界定。從以上的相片來說,以上燕子的枕位紅/橙色均比較大片,而且牠們下體的縱紋亦不夠濃密,所以應該全都是金腰燕。

後帖:Geoff:當參考過OBC網頁內斑腰燕相片後,我有點猶豫,似乎並不如書中所說那麼容易分辨!

lpaul:

Geoff,我認為OBI網頁內某些相片是錯誤辨認了的!
要分辨斑腰燕及金腰燕實在並不容易!由於牠們兩種之間似乎有很多變種,所以估計這兩種燕子都有多於一個品種!
我找到一個比較快捷的分辨方法,就是根據牠們下體的縱紋形狀來分辨。金腰燕的縱紋相對來說比較窄,而且闊度比較平均;而斑腰燕的縱紋則較粗,而且個別條紋常呈現由頂向底漸闊的形態。但是我亦不太肯定此方法的可靠性。

John Holmes:

我參考的書籍包括:
《A field guide to the birds of South East Asia》 (Robson)
《Birds of East Asia》 (Brazil)
《Swallows and Martins of the World》 ( Turner & Rose)
《Handbook of the birds of the World》- 第9冊(以下簡稱HBW Vol.9)

在HBW Vol.9插圖68(由Hilary Burn)顯示出6個金腰燕的品種,當中包括2種有縱紋的:daurica (少量縱紋) 及japonica (縱紋較濃密的)。 另外有3種斑腰燕品種,包括:vernayi (濃紅褐色及有縱紋),striolata (少量縱紋) 及stanfordi (縱紋較濃密的)。

插圖(但沒有在HBW內文說明的)支持了Paul對斑腰燕的觀點:縱紋較金腰燕濃密,而且條紋呈現由頂向底漸闊的形態。至於頸後(枕位)紅/橙色斑的大小似乎並不是可靠的分辨特徵。

在香港比較值得注意的是striolata種的斑腰燕,因牠可見於台灣及菲律賓。而且《香港及華南鳥類》一書亦不排除斑腰燕及洋燕在香港出現的可能性。

較早前,由於拍得清晰的照片,草原鵰因而被接納加入香港鳥類名錄內。我預計只要同樣拍到清晰的照片,斑腰燕也有機會被加入香港鳥類名錄內的。

[ Last edited by Sze at 8/07/2009 00:05 ]

Quote:
Original posted by Mon at 8/07/2009 23:25
多謝Sze的翻譯,使我獲益良多,你的心意,無限感激。

[ 本帖最後由 Mon 於 8/07/2009 23:28 編輯 ]
Mon姐! 客氣了! 真的幫到你們就太好了! 只怕我的語文能力不濟, 怕有詞不達意, 甚至翻譯錯誤!

Thread