Thread
Print

Digiscoping advice please

Digiscoping advice please

Hi All

I am not a photographer - I use a digital SLR mostly for work and occasionally a few bird photos.

However, I will shortly be doing a trip where space will be very limited but where there might be the odd once in a lifetime photo-opportunity - Bolivia.

Can anyone suggest a small camera that would go well with my Swarovski scope? Cost not too critical but ease of operation is!

Thanks very much.

Mike Leven

Hi Bob and Neil

Thank you very much for the very helpful advice - just got to my computer after a long day so I need to 'digest' when I'm not so tired!

Best regards

Mike

Hi Again

Liz was gently persuaded that the Nikon 8400 was an ideal Christmas present! (I found it at the shop recommended by Neil - I think it may have been the last one in the shop.)

As I am used to a Nikon digital interface I am pleased to say that learning to use the camera has been straightforward albeit nothing fancy yet.

Unfortunately, the one hitch was that the camera shop didn't have an appropriate adapter - I take Tung's suggestion that the ideal thing would be to try it out in the shop but I didn't want to risk losing the camera. So, my next step is to find an adapter. As Tung says (and from my experience) often out of stock so any suggestions as to the best place to try to buy one.

And I take the point about lots of practice needed

Thanks again for all the help

Mike

Thread