Thread
Print

Digiscoping with TLS-800

when used with an adaptor, the DSLR will lose it's auto focus function and the aperture greatly reduced leading to slower shutter speeds, greatly increasing the effect of any vibration.

i have the same problem using my nikon ED82 + D200 combo, even using a shutter release, since the flip of the mirror in the DSLR often causes enough vibration to ruin the picture, especially in overcast or dim conditions.  i guess one way to get round with this problem is to use an L-bracket and an even sturdier tripod.

bryan

其實我實戰經驗極少,係度扮緊代表。

i think it doesn't matter whether it's an L bracket or not.  the point is if you attach you fieldscope + adaptor + dslr setup onto the tripod using the original mounting point of the fieldscope, the centre of gravity of the whole setup will actually not be falling onto the tripod mount and this will create a lot of vibrations.  so even if u're using a straight scope, a flat adapting bracket which help to offset the mounting point of the setup will help a lot.

i haven't got one or tried one either.  but that's what i learnt from other digiscoping forum.

bryan

oh, actually i see you're using one already.  我反而想問問你係邊度買。

hey mandy,

maybe you should shift the whole setup towards the front a little bit.  now the CG of the setup is a little bit at the rear, when you have the tripod head unlocked it tends to point upward, right?

many thanks, mandy.

bryan

Thread