Thread
Print

[Hong Kong] Bridge over Channel at Shek Kong Airfield Road 石崗明渠建行車橋

I'm a bit puzzled by this.

"The works will improve the traffic between Shui Lau Tin Village and Kam Chin Wai." Currently there isn't much traffic - nothing that the current village road can't handle.

"as well as associated drainage and environment improvement works" To me drainage and improvement projects means concrete, concrete, concrete. (You only have to look at the current ongoing work in the Lam Tsuen Valley to get the picture.) The channel from Kam Chin Wai to Shui Lau Tin and a little beyond is probably unique in HK because of the vegetation in the channel and the trees alongside. It certainly acts as a hard-weather haven for wintering birds when the temperature falls. You only have to compare this relatively small stretch with the more modern channels to the east and west to appreciate its special nature.

Unless I'm missing something (anything to do with the proposed new railway?), I can't see any real justification for the plans. Perhaps the HKBWS should look into the matter and make a formal complaint about the plans if it feels such a complaint is warranted.

Thread