Thread
Print

Lam Tsuen Autumn 2010

As I never birded Lam Tsuen and I can't find a good reference on the net, would it be possible for someone to comment quickly on transportation to Lam Tsuen and key birding areas in Lam Tsuen?

Thanks, Dylan! This is really an excellent description and a useful map too!

Brendan

[ Last edited by brendank at 27/08/2010 15:57 ]

I suppose when most birders think of the New Territories they think of Mai Po, LV, and Tai Po Kau.  But Mike and Dylan have definitely convinced me to explore more.

I suppose when most birders think of the New Territories they think of Mai Po, LV, and Tai Po Kau.  But Mike and Dylan have definitely convinced me to explore more.

Mike and Dylan, can you comment on how rare King Cobra are in HK?  I was under the impression that they were quite rare indeed.

[ Last edited by brendank at 3/10/2010 21:58 ]

Very interesting. I assume the picture of snake in blue bucket was when it was being evicted.

Seems that life in the Lam Tsuen Valley is more exciting than on HK island. Don't think too many people would have snake tongs handy here.

Yes, the time last year I went Ng Tung Tsai there seemed to be many dogs.  Was this dog potentially dangerous?

Ng Tung Tsai may have cobras but I had much rather meet a cobra than a group of angry canines.

Thread