Thread
Print

Selfish guy frightened crested grebe 自私自利的人對住隻鳳頭鸊鷉狂閃閃閃

I was with the big group of people of the outing that day, when we arrived the pond we saw that guy leaving the site. I am not sure who scared the bird away because of the big group of people or the continue flashes, however none of us from the group can see the bird, quite certain the bird disappeared before we arrived.

I am sure a lot of us were disappointed and might blame on someone scared the bird away. To be honest, it is nature, the bird may ever come to HK, even if the bird is local resident still not necessary to be seen.

Anyway, the day was dull with light rain, it would be very hard for a good photo if flash is not use. If I want a good photo I would certainly need a VERY powerful flash since the weather is so dull and the distance is too far. However, I would justify is a good picture more important then the nature life? It is very certain in such environment the flash will cause a great shock to any animals, what happen to a dozen of continue flashes??

To see or taking photos of the bird is great, but disturbance or even causing shock to the bird to satisfy our own desire, is the action worth doing so?? I think most of us the bird watchers will prefer natural peace environment and not to disturb the wildlife, by doing so our countryside can be more enjoyable and fuller variety. So I think the action of powerful continue flashes is just purely for a selfish pleasure.

James

Thread