Thread
Print

[Hong Kong] 南丫島東澳灣大型發展申請 Development Proposal at Tung O, Lamma

Oh just read about the Tung O development proposal from the news paper today, seems it is still under consideration.
(please refer to the original proposal for the exact details)
briefly the news mentioned the project will involve 69 hectare of land, building 500 yacht parking spaces, 850 flats, resorts et al.

Just submitted my comment to the Town Planning Board:, though I am not too confident about the consultation system.
"I will vote against the development proposal based on environmental concern and its unjustified costs. The HKSAR Government should give priority to the conservation of the natural environment at Tung O. Tung O is a valuable habitat for many species and definitely a valuable green and natural area that Hong Kong citizens can enjoy with their friends and family. This area should be conserved and the change of its land use should be a loss to all. The proposal will definitely harm many species and disfigure the beauty of the nature at the area. The foremost beneficiaries for the proposal would definitely be a smaller group of people that should not out-weight the benefits for all. The implementation of the development project will be a point of no return for many species and our beloved nature."

Oh I really wish they won't do it...

Agreed,
the TPB definitely needa compile the general comments in a much more condensed way than a technical report which is more objective.
Just wanna add some voice in terms of quantity, not much quality tho I know, =P sorry. Likely a waste of effort indeed.
The ecological impact report would be important, keep up the good work!!!

Yea Geoff..difficult dynamics..

[ Last edited by n.sophia at 14/05/2011 22:04 ]

Thread