Thread
Print

HKBWS AGM matters

Outstanding management issue

I realised that what I have used "we" from time to time in my messages regarding this matter is not prudent enough because I cannot stand for other members.  Please forgive me for t ... [/quote]

I have been waiting for the reply from HKBWS to Eric's very sensible question yet I was surprised to see NO response in 3 months.  There was also a big question mark lingering in my mind like Eric.  The payout of HKD1.5/1.8 million is a LSV payout or a severence payout?  If it is a LSV payout and HKBWS is in a very sound financial situation, we can afford to act as a super generous employer by not performing the then MPF offsetting practice.  If it is a severence  payout, it is totally a human resource worst practice to be such  a "insensible generous" employer.

It was a good and reasonable general practice to provide financial report to all members before AGM.  Why this good practice was not sustained to engage members' participation in AGM matters?

I believe all senior age members would not like to bear the burden of having have to suffer from drastic increase in membership fee as a consequence of bad human resource practice.  One dollar can mean a lot to retired elderly who have no job income.

Looking forward to hearing response from HKBWS with related financial reports enclosed.  Root cause of problem has to be uncovered with the best wishes that the same mistake will not be committed twice.  It is of utmost importance for the healthy development of HKBWS, an NGO which is obliged to observe its financial status  prudently.

[ Last edited by mchristine at 8/03/2024 17:06 ]

Thread